To make a compass in Minecraft, you will need the following materials:
- 4 Iron Ingots
- 1 Redstone Dust
- Find a crafting table. Crafting tables can be crafted using four wooden planks arranged in a square shape in a crafting table.
- Open the crafting table by right-clicking on it.
- Place the 4 Iron Ingots in a "plus" shape in the crafting grid, with one Iron Ingot in the center, and Redstone Dust directly beneath it.
- Wait for the crafting process to finish. This will create a compass, which will appear in the result box to the right of the crafting table.
- Drag the compass into your inventory to use it.