To make charcoal in Minecraft, you will need the following materials:
- Wood logs (any type)
- Find a furnace. Furnaces can be found naturally in villages or crafted using eight cobblestones arranged in a square shape in a crafting table.
- Place the furnace down and open it by right-clicking on it.
- Place the wood logs in the top slot of the furnace.
- Add a fuel source, such as coal or wooden planks, to the bottom slot of the furnace.
- Wait for the furnace to finish smelting the wood logs. This will turn them into charcoal, which will appear in the result box to the right of the furnace.
- Drag the charcoal into your inventory to use it.